The sun provides energy to the solar system as a whole. This Pranayama is performed through the right nostril, infusing solar energy into all astral tubes and ensuring heat flow into the human body. As a result, it should only be performed during the winter season.
It stimulates the part of the brain that produces Man’s Power. The practice of this Pranayama aids in awakening all vital energy centers.
Surya Bhedi Pranayama Steps
Sit in Padmasana, keeping the neck and spine upright position, and gently close the eyes. The face should be cheerful. In Gyanmudra, place the left hand on the knee.
Insert the right hand’s two forefingers into the root of the thumb. With your ring finger, close the left nostril. Inhale deeply through the right nostril, enabling the impact to be felt from toe to crown.
Image by yanalya on freepik
Close the right nostril with the thumb and retain the breath by performing internal Kumbhak as needed. While in Kumbhak, use the three Bandshs as well. When holding one’s breath causes discomfort, exhale slowly through the left nostril and relax.
Inhale through the right nostril again and perform Internal Kumbhak before slowly exhaling through the left nostril.
To begin, three rounds are sufficient. Gradually increase the number of rounds.
Cautions for Surya Bhedi Pranayama
Never exceed your capacity when performing Kumbhak.
Surya Bhedi Pranayama should not be practiced in the summer or by people who have an excess of bile in their system.
People with high blood pressure should avoid this Pranayama.
Patients suffering from heart disease or asthma should avoid performing this Pranayama.
Surya Bhedi Pranayam Benefits
- It treats throat, tongue, and voice problems.
- This Pranayama has a strong impact on the Vishudhi and Agya Chakras.
- It warms the body and cures many diseases caused by the bile and wind humours in our bodies.
- It kills intestinal worms, removes blood impurities, and cures skin diseases.
Jathragni has been enhanced.
- It is extremely beneficial in arousing a person’s latent powers and awakening the Kumbhak Shakti.
- It is extremely beneficial in treating people who have low blood pressure.
- It cleanses the mind.