Because the body in this posture resembles that of a bow, this asana is known as Bow Pose or Dhanurasana. It is a bow that assists us in hitting our target.
Image Source: Image by yanalya on Freepik
Similarly, after absorbing energy, the practitioner becomes active and agile. This posture is particularly beneficial to three vital organs in our bodies: the abdomen, thighs, and back.
Bow Pose / Dhanurasana Steps
Lie on your stomach. Fold both knees and place your hands on your ankles. All of the forefingers should be on the same side. Bring your knees up to each other. Exhaling causes the knees to be raised as high as possible.
Inhale, then raise the neck and the back of the body. Normalize your breathing. Continue in this position for a while. Slowly return and rest in Shitiilasan.
Swadhishthan Chakra is the focus of attention.
Both legs must be bent at the knees and the toes of both feet must be held with both hands. Then, slowly raise the chest and neck from the front, and push both legs backward.
As a result, the shape of your body will take on the shape of a bow, increasing the flow of blood in your pelvic area.
Dhanurasana or Bow Pose Benefits
- This asana strengthens the muscles of the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks by raising the knees. It is especially beneficial for women because it treats menstrual and uterine disorders.
- It stretches the bones and muscles together, making the body and spine more flexible. It relaxes the lower part of the spine.
- It stimulates the neck, shoulders, arms, lungs, claves, thighs, rips, knees, and feet muscles, and veins.
- It increases waist elasticity, corrects naval position, and decreases obesity.
- Dhanurasana aids digestion and prevents diarrhea, intestinal weakness, and kidney and liver problems.
- It improves blood pressure and tones up the entire nervous system.
- It stimulates the glandular system, nervous system, and muscular system.
Diseases Cured by Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
- Back Pain
- Kidney Disease
- Rheumatic or Gout
- Eye Diseases
- Erectile Dysfunction
Although it is believed that there are no side effects to any yoga asana, the correct yoga posture is required for the treatment of any disease. Yoga asanas performed at the appropriate time and in the appropriate manner always have advantages.
4 thoughts on “Bow Pose or Dhanurasana Benefits and Steps”